Adobe PDF Search is a tool that helps you make a search within an Adobe PDF document. When you have a very huge PDF document and you need to find something specific in this document, you need a tool that quickly gets you to what you are searching. Adobe PDF Search helps you to do just this.
This tool allows you to search in many ways. Here is a look at the different types of searches that you can do with it:
- You can search for a specific word
- You cans search for a group of words or a phrase
- You can narrow your search criteria even further by using wild card characters. In this operation you can also use Boolean operators
All of the above different types of searches can be done across the entire document for as many instances as are present of that search item.
Adobe PDF Search offers a quick and easy way of searching through a PDF document. Here is a look at the many benefits of using this search tool:
- You can find the occurrence of a word or phrase in any part of the PDF. This is particularly useful when you want to find a heading or the location of a sub-topic in a huge PDF file.
- You can specify a word and make the tool find words that sound similar to it. This is particularly useful in the case of proper nouns which spell different but which sound the same.
- You can specify a word and make the tool find words that are similar in meaning.
- You can search for an exact word or phrase matching according to case, ( eg, uppercase, or lowercase), throughout the document
- You can specify a word and make the tool find words situated in close proximity to that word
Adobe PDF Search simplifies
your searching tasks. It gives you many options to carry out your search.
It also allows you to do searching in many different ways. When
you want to find something in a huge document, it will take time. However
this search process time is reduced through the Adobe PDF Search tool.
In order to access this tool you
need to select the Edit > Search > Query. This opens the Adobe
PDF ‘Search’ dialog box.
The tool will take you across the document
to where your specified search is located in all its instances.
If you wish to make another search just click the ‘Clear’ option in the ‘Search’ dialog box. The dialog box is cleared for you to make a new search.