PDF documents are generally large in size and its size has to be reduced so that no time is wasted in waiting for file attachments to e-mails. You can easily learn the magic of wasting no time in sending and receiving the PDF if you know how to resize a PDF. Resizing the PDF can let you manage your files more smoothly and upload them more quickly than before.
There are a few tips that will resize a PDF file.
1. Make use of the Save As option instead of Save option. After you finish making changes to the PDF file, overwrite the existing file using Save As option. This will remove some of the unused elements in the file. If Save option is used, you can notice an increase in the file size.
2. Before adding the images in the PDF, these images can be compressed. The images have to be compressed one at a time for more granular control.
When compressed images are added and then saved, it will further reduce the size the image and resize the PDF file effectively.
3. The PDF optimizer can be used to find out which is taking more space in your document. This can be done by using the option Advanced > PDF Optimizer > Audit Space Usage.
4. Fonts take up a lot of space. Do not embed your fonts when you embed the images. But if your document requires good presentation then fonts that are subset can be used which will not add to the file size.
5. Managing the colors in the file can show you how to resize a PDF more effectively. The RGB color space can be used to help in resizing the file. If the colors are not much of a concern, gray scaling the image can help you to reduce the size in a huge way.
6. Many unnecessary objects such as hyperlinks, bookmarks, etc that is embedded, increase the file size making it hard to resize a PDF. These can also be removed to resize the PDF drastically.