The PDF file can be made smaller by opening the PDF file and reducing the quality of the file. By making a PDF file smaller the size of the given file will become smaller automatically.
In case the photos and images are making the PDF file very large, GIF files should be made before placing them in Acrobat. This can be done easily by using Photoshop. If you dont have Photoshop on your computer system then just go to where the photos are stored and this should be followed by clicking the photos which you want to be smaller. An option for emailing the photos is seen on the left tool bar which has to be clicked. Then you will be prompted to make the photos smaller and they will be placed in your email as attachments. The attachments should be saved and placed in the PDF, thus making a PDF file smaller.
This can also be done by following the steps given below:
1. Click on the print option in the file pull down menu from within the pages or the application when you are creating the PDF form.
2. Click on the copies and pages option present on the third pull down menu box in the print dialog box.
3. The ColorSync option should be selected from the pull down menu.
4. The Quartz Filter button should be clicked and then the Reduce File Size option be selected.
5. Then Save as PDF option should be clicked for making a PDF file smaller.
The PDF file can also be made smaller by going back to the JPG and then opening it with the Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Within the program scroll under the drop down menu which is present under the option Picture. Compress Pictures option will be visible at the bottom. Click on that option and a dialogue box will be opened to the right of you. Compression can be done for web pages, documents and email messages. The Document option should be chosen and saved in a new file.
Another simple technique of making a PDF file smaller is by choosing Save As option and saving over the same original document. The file size gets considerably reduced.