If you shrink PDF files, accessing PDF files will be faster and easier. Instead of waiting unnecessarily for your PF files to get sent over email, you can save time and shrink PDF. You will also be saving the receivers time because he/she would be able to open the email faster.
You might have spent hours creating or developing a PDF file, and then you have to spend more time waiting for the file to get uploaded. You can Shrink PDF files to reduce the time taken in uploading or downloading the document. Thus you get a file that is easier to mange and share.
Now you might be wondering how to shrink PDF files well, here are few tips, read on:
- The most commonsense method to shrink PDF files would be to edit the file using Adobe Photoshop or similar software. Try to reduce the size of the images. The images are usually the most bulky.
- If you could make sacrifices, try using grayscale images. If you have to use color, give preference to RGB over CMYK.
- Every time you use the save command changes are added to the file, making the file size larger. When you rewrite the document using save as command, it becomes smaller. The document also gets enabled for quicker viewing online.
- Another tip to shrink PDF files is to use PDF Optimizer. It could be a bit tricky and might take a little time to learn, but it is well worth the effort. You can see the size of each element and retrace your creation process step-by-step to shrink the file.
- Use the newer versions, they are superior and take up lesser memory.
- Embedding fonts could be important, but if not, try not to. You increase the size. Further, to shrink PDF files size, it would be good to use as few font types as possible. The more the variety of fonts, the more the file size.
- Clean the document and trash all the elements you have no use of. You can shrink PDF files considerably this way!
- Finally, many softwares are available in the market to shrink PDF files. You could give them a shot.
Of course, the best and easiest way to shrink PDF files is by using CVISIONs PdfCompressor, which can compress paper-based documents up to 100x smaller.