If you are not too tech savvy and consider computers a necessary evil, the chances are that you would not know the importance of reducing your file size. Actually, if you reduce file you are at an advantage. It is too difficult to compress files, so do not shy away from it. Here are a few places you where you could benefit if you reduce file:
• Send attachment faster: Have you had to attach files to your e-mail only to find that it is taking ages for the file to attach and then even longer to send the messages? Well, that is because your file is too bulky. Reduce file size and see the difference.
• Send attachments at one go: If you attach several large files to your mail, you could find that the message does not go. Or the mail stopped suddenly, while it is being sent. When you reduce file size, there shall be no hiccups in sending your messages.
• Quicker Uploading: You can save up on a lot of time if you upload files that have been reduced.
• Quicker Downloading: By reducing file, just as uploading, downloading becomes faster.
• Save storage space: Reduce file to create more space in your computer. Heavier files occupy more memory. When you reduce file, naturally you will be using lesser memory. This will not only give you more space to store but will also make you computer run faster.
• For slow Internet connection: If you reduce file size, you are really helping yourself if you have a slow Internet connection. Reduced files are not likely to get obstructed halfway through uploading or downloading.
You can compress images almost in all formats, compress audio and visual files and even reduce the size of your text documents. If you have software like MSWord or CorelDraw, delete the extra versions, if any. The backup only occupies more space. Use True Type fonts in text documents, as they decrease the file size considerably. When creating a web page, you will reduce file size by using links for images, instead of embedding an image.