Automated EOB Processing, OCR, and Faster Data Access: The Future of Healthcare IT
Key Benefits of Automated EOB Processing Include:
- Reduces EOB processing time and costs through automated data entry
- Enables healthcare organizations to provide more value to patient by minimizing resources necessary for managing paperwork - generating competitive advantage
- Allows clients to understand and apply insurance funds to the appropriate departments rapidly and reliably
- Reduces form processing errors inherent to manual handling
- Creates fully text-searchable documents for instant retrieval of information by keyword search
- Produces real ROI through reduced data entry and faster document processing
Connected Health: Emerging Online, Real-Time Healthcare Trend
Within the healthcare industry, there is a trend toward a more value-based approach to patient care. For example, connected health, or cHealth, is an emerging form of patient care that focuses on online chats, visits and real-time healthcare with professionals. Such tools like the Amwell app (“The doctor will see you now”) and the online therapy app Talkspace (200,000+ users to date) are leading applications of cHealth in today’s healthcare landscape.
File Compression and OCR: Healthcare’s First New Competitive Edge
CVISION offers PdfCompressor to compress and OCR scanned images and electronic documents efficiently. With compressed, text-searchable EOB forms and other documents, healthcare providers can share and download important files faster, and use keyword search to instantly locate critical patient data. File compression and OCR help healthcare organizations to access health information more efficiently and in turn help their patients faster. PdfCompressor’s OCR also reduces the risk of information loss by indexing documents, giving healthcare providers a fuller picture of the patient’s background and enabling them for more effective treatment.