What are the PCI Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)?
PCI Data Security Standards PCI DSS
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a list of rules (and best practices) meant to protect cardholder information. The requirements detail measures and systems that need to be maintained by every organization that touches account data in payment card processing, extending beyond merchants to include other parties such as service providers, processors, and more. It was put in place as a consistent standard by which entities handling this sensitive information could be judged, ensuring a comfortable level of protection for cardholders in the technological age.
See the full list of exact PCI Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) from the PCI Security Standards Council here
How does CVISION’s Trapeze for Redaction help organizations achieve PCI DSS compliance?
Organizations handling credit card information must maintain a high standard of information security, formalized under the PCI DSS requirements. Trapeze for Redaction ensures PCI compliance by both redacting and completely eliminating the underlying data on sensitive documents. CVISION’s redaction tool intelligently locates and redacts all necessary information using the accuracy and flexibility of three different redaction methods. This cost-effective redaction solution is robust enough to deliver near-perfect accuracy rates on extremely large quantities of data.
Trapeze for Redaction Features
- Configurable redaction module for image and PDF documents
- Complete expungement of redacted textual elements
- Handles complex PDFs, including CAD/CAM and vector graphics
- Recognizes and redacts multi-dimensional and reverse video text
- Supports multiple redaction methods, including pattern matching
- Redacts financial information (credit card #s) for PCI compliance
- Validates redaction correctness using procedures including checksum
- Recognizes multi-colored text