Cover Page Recognition
Detects multiple cover sheets in a multipage TIFF & PDF document. As pages come off of the scanner, they are automatically grouped into files based on the delimiting cover page.
Trapeze groups and names output files based on information printed on inserted cover sheets, and offers users the following features:
- Automatic cover sheet detection
- Files named according to cover sheet information
- Invariance to scanning resolution
- Supports color, greyscale, and bitonal files
- Converts multipage TIFF & PDF with cover separators to distinct TIFF or PDF files
- Watched folder support
Here’s how Trapeze works: As pages come off of the scanner, they are automatically grouped into files based on the delimiting cover page. These files can also be alphanumerically named based on information from the cover page.
Trapeze’s Cover Page Recognition module allows crucial information about the document to be captured. Document information can include file name, destination folder, department name, or author name. Based on the configurations set, Trapeze will interpret the cover page information and automatically file the information. Trapeze is able to rename incoming scanned files in the corresponding file, or simply output the file to the EMC system. Trapeze is fully configurable based on an organization’s requirements.
As part of a document processing workflow users can interface with Trapeze via watched folder,
- Web-optimized for fast Internet viewing
- Made text-searchable with the most accurate English OCR available
- Compressed for reduced transmission time and storage costs
- Encrypted for view, edit, and print protection
- Allow optional output to archival PDF/A format
Additional PDF functionality in Trapeze include resampling, color space reduction, deskewing, despeckling, auto-smoothing, auto-cropping, bates stamping, date stamping and watermarking.
“Trapeze offers another way to simplify file recognition and organization,” said CVISION’s Eitan Agai. “It was created from the expressed needsof our customers. They were looking for an automated way to organize and index their electronic files and Trapeze fulfills that need.”