Compliance, Efficiency for the Legal Industry with OCR and File Compression
Find Vital Information Faster with OCR Technology
In the legal industry, huge piles of evidence, contracts, legal forms and other paperwork are unavoidable. Managing these documents properly can save law firms huge headaches. For example, OCR technology makes scanned documents fully text-searchable. Before OCR, finding a specific form or contract in a sea of unmanaged files could become a long, fruitless and frustrating task. With an OCR solution in place, information search is as simple and fast as a basic keyword search for what you need.
Leverage OCR to Meet New Regulations Around E-Discovery
Law firms can comply with emerging e-filing standards by investing in OCR and advanced file compression technology. A rising number of jurisdictions including the Dallas, Florida, and San Diego courts now require e-filed documents to be submitted as text-searchable PDFs, and many also set a limit on the file size of individual documents that can be entered.
File compression ensures bulky contracts or other lengthy documents maintain compliant file size for electronic submission, and also allows for faster upload and download times due to reduced file size. OCR goes beyond simple e-discovery compliance to help law offices and courts realize faster information search as described above.
Case Study: Law Firm Resolves Firm-Wide Bottleneck with Rapid OCR
Read this case study on how a law firm improved efficiency with OCR
- High-volume processing capabilities
- Rapid, real-time OCR, at up to 5 pages per second
- Improve document processing time by enabling employees to search scanned documents for text with simple, instant keyword search
OCR and File Compression with PdfCompressor
- Maximize your investment in e-discovery solutions with a highly accurate OCR text recognition engine that can help satisfy mandatory e-filing OCR requirements
- Adhere to mandatory e-filing upload size constraints set forth by an increasing number of jurisdictions
- Locate vital information on discovery documents, depositions, legal briefs and other documents more efficiently by making scanned documents fully text-searchable
The compression capabilities we get from CVISION means one of our lawyers can easily take two to three thousand pages of documents off a database, download it to a laptop, and work on a case on the plane. Attorneys at remote trial sites can access documents from our office very quickly. Clients can easily retrieve and view documents relevant to their cases. That's exactly the kind of document portability we needed.
- Matthew Roeder - Imaging Technology Analyst, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP