|Free Document Compression|
Free document compression will compress document files up to 99% and delete unneeded files. The following documents are supported by the document compression software:
1. Word Documents (*.doc)
2. Adobe PDF (*.pdf)
3. Internet Documents (*.html)
4. Text Documents (*.txt) and also some other formats like Postscript, Help files and so on.
The most important criteria for any document compression software is that the documents should be constantly archived, communicated and manipulated in digital format and should allow instant access to high quality documents. In case of color document compression the compression ratio has gone up to 300 per cent.
Text/Word document compression: Text document compression is made simple by removing all extra space characters, inserting a single repeated character (to indicate a string of repeated characters), and substituting smaller bit strings for frequently occurring characters. This kind of compression will reduce a text file to 50% of its original size. Compression is performed by a program that uses an algorithm to determine how to compress or decompress data. The algorithm is one of the critical factors to determine the compression quality.
To PDF files: Compression to PDF files refers to image compressing. PDF formats are usually designed to compress information to the maximum (since these can tend to become very large files). Compression can be either lossy (some information is permanently lost) or lossless (all information can be restored).
HTML document compression - Document compression software for HTML files protects online content from unauthorized copying, collecting email addresses and other personal data. Special features include:
- Compression (reduction of size) of HTML/JScript documents without scrambling (to reduce the size of bandwidth and loading time)
- Flexible settings for scrambling that allow fine-tuning level of scrambling
- Ability to preview obfuscated page and compare it with an original document
- Scrambling of source code files into solid code chunks making them hard to view and edit
- Support of international code pages and file encodings (overall Unicode support)