OCR Scanned Document
OCR Scanned Document
A scanned OCR document is a document that is scanned and processed with optical character recognition (OCR) technology. OCR scanning technology typically convert regularly scanned documents into a searchable and editable format.
How Does the OCR Software Work?
When a scanned document is OCRed, it is performed to convert a file into a text searchable PDF, the textual file is stored as a layer in the PDF format. OCRing scanned documents involves conversion of the image that is given as input, to a text format, for easy access and editing of the user. The PDF is highly portable and can be searched wholly, for any particular information that has been translated by the OCR scan. Some software offers the ability to convert the scanned OCRed documents to PDF file with the image and image-converted-text attached behind.
Advantages of OCRing Scanned Documents with CVISION’s PdfCompressor
- Captures printed text from scanned images and places a new text layer to make the file text searchable
- Easing the transition to digital files and the benefits of having less paper hassle
- Having a virtual database of the OCR scanned documents allowing you to find what you need in a quick and easy manner
- With digital files, you have less paper clutter around your office and more space that can be used for other purposes
- Creates a more efficient use of resources - Now that you do not need people to manually enter information, they can spend their time on tasks that require more attention and focus
- Ability to convert files to a universally accepted PDF format
- Compression Tool that reduces the size of the file
As a leader in PDF technology, CVISION understands the problem of poor document management in business environments. In order to maximize productivity, organizations need high-powered PDF solutions that increase the efficiency of document-driven processes while integrating easily into existing workflows. CVISION creates more efficient captured documents through fast, accurate OCR, and advanced file compression. CVISION also provides business solutions to automate document workflows, including processes for invoices, EOBs, handwritten forms, and business documents. Through more efficient, automated workflows, CVISION clients can realize a measurable return on their document-driven processes.