Question: The current output of our scanner is TIFF, why should we convert our scanned documents to PDF?
Answer: Some of the advantages of converting your scanned documents to PDFs include:
• You could view PDFs from (almost) any computer, and they would appear the same with Adobe’s free reader
• You can edit PDFs with readily available tools.
• PDFs can be Web-Optimized, allowing for instant download.
• PDFs can be made text-searchable with OCR
• PDFs can be compressed up to 1/10th of their size for bitonal, and 1/100th of their size as color scans.
• PDFs enable insertion of metadata with info about the document
PdfCompressor from CVISION provides solutions for PDF conversion, compression and OCR, if you are interested in downloaded our free 30-day trial, click the link below: